Texas A&M Neuroscience Directors Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
The Texas A&M Institute for Neuroscience is pleased to invite applications for three postdoctoral fellowships in Neuroscience. These fellowships are jointly sponsored by the NIH and individual faculty, and are intended to prepare postdoctoral scholars to lead diverse research labs and education programs that promote diversity, equity and inclusion through our Neuroscience Research Leadership Program. Interested applicants are encouraged to reach out to participating TAMIN faculty to begin the application process. Current postdoctoral scholars are also eligible to apply. TAMIN Directors fellows will receive a 1-year stipend of up to $55,000, full benefits, and conference travel expenses. In addition to conducting research, fellows participate in career development workshops and unique training opportunities in leadership, project management, grant writing, and entrepreneurship. Applicants must be US citizens and be from a historically underrepresented group as defined by the NIH.
We are looking for fellows who demonstrate:
- A passion for a career in neuroscience research.
- A commitment to promoting diverse ideas, perspective, and voices in neuroscience.
- A successful track record of investigating modern problems in neuroscience.
- The potential for developing new ideas and compete for external funding.
To apply, submit a single PDF containing the following:
- A cover letter outlining your training and mentoring experiences, career goals, and how this opportunity would help to promote your success.
- A brief (1-2 page) research plan that identifies a participating faculty sponsor(s) and provides an overview of what your research project would be.
- A current CV (2 page)
Separately attach two Letters of Support. One letter should come from your PhD thesis advisor or previous post-doctoral advisor, and a second letter should come from TAMIN faculty mentor that will co-sponsor your research.
A selection committee comprising current TAMIN faculty and program leadership will review applications. Applications can be submitted anytime by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The start date is flexible pending availability of funds.